Friday, April 12, 2013

Planetshakers City Church

When we first arrived in Melbourne, we were so excited to hear that Hillsong was starting a church right in the city!! But since it didn't start until November 2012, we thought we should just check out Planetshakers City Church since my brother-in-love who was visiting us at that time highly recommended it. 

To be honest, I wasn't familiar with Planetshakers at all. Up till then, I had only heard some of their worship songs but I did not know the pastors or the denomination of the church (for lack of a better phrase... I really mean what the church believes in and preaches about). 

I was quite skeptical going in and the first time I was literally bombarded by their praise & worship. These guys rocked harder than some real "hard rockers". Haha!! Was totally not used to it since the worship at New Creation Church is a lot tamer by comparison (by that I mean normal). 

We went for a couple of weeks and in one of those Sundays, Pastor Sam Evans came out to preach an amazingly anointed and powerful message called "Get out of my house". I was so blown away that I still remember the message today. Because I've never heard of her or Pastor Russell Evans, I was completely unprepared for the sense of power they are releasing over their church. It was completely and utterly mesmerizing. 

When Hillsong Melbourne started sometime in Nov/Dec 2012, we attended the church for a couple of weeks but felt that it was not what we were looking for. Now, it's very difficult to explain this because it implies one is better than the other. It's not. It's just that different churches play different roles in the body of Christ. Just like every individual play a different role in the church. In any case, the important thing was my husband first spoke about being led to go back and plant ourselves in Planetshakers City Church and I agreed wholeheartedly. 

Now, let me try to explain why we decided to be a part of Planetshakers. We were so well established in the gospel of grace by Pastor Prince, it was easy for us to recognize that the same message was being preached at Planetshakers. However, there is also another dimension which is being revealed to us: the power of living by the Holy Spirit. This is a whole new level which we are very keen to explore. Having been in the church for close to 4 months now, I've learnt to communicate with the Holy Spirit and this just overwhelms me because..... the Holy Spirit..... He speaks to me!! He answers my questions!! He reveals things to me!! So I've started reading this book by Pastor David Yonggi Cho:



If you are looking to be part of a church in Melbourne, I highly encourage you to check out both churches and ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you which church is most suitable for you. 

No comments: